Microsoft Project Advanced
Is this course for you?
This course is aimed at those who use Microsoft Project on a regular basis and/or have undertaken our Introduction/Intermediate course. We cover content with a focus on managing resources, costs and the ever changing scope of a project. We also explore many useful tools to manage a complex schedule. You can bring an example of your work for discussion with the trainer, and explore ways in which it can be improved.
12th May 2017
22nd September 2017
24th November 2017
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Manage resources and materials within a strict budget
- Analyse resource workloads
- Resolve resource conflicts
- Update tasks and resources within the available slack
- Employ a range of calendars to reflect the real world
- Employ project tools to simplify your work
What is the course like?
There are usually an average of four delegates on the course, which will be delivered by a professional trainer.
During the course there will be time for discussion and on completion your work will be emailed to you and you'll take away detailed course notes.
What is included in the cost?Handbook, certificate, free downloads, post course support, refreshments and *lunch. (*Southampton only)
What is Microsoft Project?Microsoft Project is a sophisticated software tool designed to assist you in developing a plan, assigning resources to tasks, tracking progress, managing a budget, and analysing workloads. It can be a simple tool for simple projects or a complex tool for advanced projects.
Manage your Schedule with confidence and accuracy
Re-visit Task Types and Effort Driven options Get this right and you can manage all the changes to your schedule with accuracy.
- How to use Fixed Duration, Fixed Work and Fixed Units
- Effort and Non Effort Driven options for sharing or adding work
Calendar Options It's important to know how to use the three different calendars in your project.
- Project, Resource and Task calendars
Manage Project Parameters Monitor your project using views and reports.
- Critical Path
- Custom Tables
- Custom Reports
Set and adjust the schedule Manage your resources, the schedule and your budget.
- Analyse and manage the work profile
- Resolve over allocated resources
- Resolve scheduling conflicts
- Manipulate the schedule within a budget
Manage the Baseline within a changing scope Set multiple Baselines for a changing scope.
- Create single and multiple baselines
Track and Update tasks Accuracy update tasks to reflect progress.
- Track and update tasks
- Manage a changing schedule
Identify Slippage and Slack View project slippage and work with project slack
- Update resources within the available slack
- View and manage slippage
Manage the Organiser It's useful to learn a few simple time saving tricks
- Set default Calendars
- Use templates