ELC Bundle 2 – PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner and PMQ
Is this course for you?
If you choose to take the PRINCE2 and PMQ bundle, it requires at least two years project management experience to get the best exam results. They are both excellent courses, and this bundle gives you an opportunity to gain both qualifications in the same funding year. It is the most popular resettlement option, but also the most difficult. Contact us to discuss your options.
Note: PMQ (formerly known as APMP).
PRINCE2 - 4.5 days
PMQ - 5 days
PRINCE2 Foundation - Multiple-choice
PRINCE2 Practitioner - Objective testing
PMQ - Essay style
17th September 2018
29th October 2018
10th December 2018
28th January 2019
25th March 2019
29th April 2019
17th June 2019
22nd July 2019
24th September 2018
03rd December 2018
04th February 2019
08th April 2019
24th June 2019
23rd September 2019
25th November 2019
Low Tier: Total: £2,750, Personal contribution: £1,750, ELC contribution: £1,000
High Tier: Total: £2,750, Personal contribution: £750, ELC contribution: £2,000
By the end of the PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner course you will be able to:
- Understand the PRINCE2 method at both Foundation & Practitioner level
- Understand the principles and benefits of a structured approach to project management
- Apply the principles of PRINCE2 to a project
- Pass the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner exams
By the end of the PMQ course you will be able to:
- Confidently apply the principles of project management to your project, including:
- Define the roles in a project
- Describe the difference between a project, programme and portfolio
- Understand the impact of project context on success
- Establish the project lifecycle and its benefits
- Develop a business case
- Prepare a project plan and baseline
- Describe methods to lead and develop teams
- Control a project employing earned value management
- Explain how to manage resources
- Explain the management of quality during project delivery
- Take the PMQ exam on day five with an understanding of the requirements to pass.
- Explain the benefits of project management for you and your organisation.
What are these courses like?Both courses will be delivered by an approved trainer with professional experience. There will be an average of six delegates per course with differing project management experience. Both PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner and PMQ courses are intensive. Pre-course study is required for both courses and you will receive your pre-course material approximately 6 weeks prior to attending the courses. The courses are highly interactive and there will be evening work required. The PRINCE2 Foundation exam takes place at the end of the third day and this must be passed before taking the Practitioner exam. The fourth day is Practitioner focussed with the Practitioner 2.5 hour exam taking place on the morning of the final day of the course. The first four days of the PMQ course are dedicated to delivering the course content. Friday morning is for exam prep, followed in the afternoon, by the 3 hour, closed-book and essay-style written exam.
What is included in the cost?PRINCE2 pre-course material, Official PRINCE2 manual, handbooks, PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner exam fees, PMQ Pre-course material, Official PMQ Study Guide, PMQ exam fee, refreshments and *lunch. (*Southampton only).
What exams are taken?PRINCE2 Foundation exam: 1 hour multiple-choice, closed book. 70 questions. Pass mark 50%. Results will be provided on completion.
NOTE: The PRINCE2® Foundation exam must be passed prior to taking the Practitioner examination.
PRINCE2 Practitioner exam: 2.5 hours, open book from 09:30 to 12:00 on Friday morning. There will be eight scenario based objective test questions - 10 question items per question, each worth one mark. 44 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 available) - 55%. Your papers will be forwarded to the APMG for marking and your result will be e-mailed to you within 10 working days.
PMQ exam: This is a closed-book, 3 hour, essay style paper and you are required to answer 10 from 16 questions covering 37 topics. The pass mark is 55%. The APM will inform you of your result within 8-10 weeks. If you are a qualified PRINCE2® Practitioner you will be eligible to take a shorter 2-hour exam.
What is PRINCE2®?PRINCE2 is a project management methodology. The methodology includes quality management, control and organisation of a project with consistency and review to align with the objectives. PRINCE2 emphasis is on dividing the project into manageable and controllable stages.
What is the APM?The Association for Project Management (APM) is an independent professional body with 550 corporate and 21,150 individual members in the UK and abroad. The APM’s aim is to promote and develop project management across all sectors of industry. APM Qualifications are designed with the intention of demonstrating to employers, clients and suppliers that the recipient is a skilled and committed project professional.
Course 1 - PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner
- PRINCE2 Principles
- Continued business
- Learn from experience
- Defined roles and responsibilities
- Manage by stages
- Manage by exception
- Focus on products
- Tailor to suit the project environment
- Processes - Starting up a project | Directing a project | Initiating a project | Controlling a stage | Managing product delivery | Managing stage boundaries | Closing a project
- Themes - Business case | Organization | Quality | Plans | Risk | Change | Progress
Course 2 - PMQ
- Context and Environments | Organisations and Project Structures | Project Lifecycles | Organisation and Governance
Leadership, Communications and Team Work
- Communications | Conflict and Negotiation | Leadership and team work
Planning for Success and Scope Management
- Planning for Success | Scope Management
Scheduling and Project Control
- Scheduling and resource management | Risk Management | Quality Management | Procurement
- PRINCE2 - Course details
- PMQ: Project Management Qualification - Course details
- Check out all ELC bundle options -
- Link to ELCAS website - Enhanced Learning Credits website
Acknowledgements: PRINCE2® is a registered trademarks of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. PRINCE2® courses are offered in association with SPOCE Project Management Ltd.