ELC Bundle 1 – PFQ and PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner
Is this course for you?
If you have no project management experience then this bundle will get you started with a good PFQ introduction level course, before moving on to the more advanced PRINCE2 qualification.
Note: PFQ (formerly known as APM Introductory Certificate).
PFQ - 2 days
PRINCE2 - 4.5 days
PFQ - Multiple choice
PRINCE2® Foundation – Multiple-choice
PRINCE2® Practitioner – Objective testing
10th July 2017
16th October 2017
03rd July 2017
11th September 2017
13th November 2017
Low Tier: Total: £1,950, Personal contribution: £950, ELC contribution: £1,000
High Tier: Total: £1,950, Personal contribution: £390, ELC contribution: £1,560
By the end of the PFQ course you will be able to:
- Apply the principles of project management
- Understand the language of project management
- Explain the benefits of project management for you and your organisation
- Confidently take the PFQ exam
By the end of the PRINCE2 course you will be able to:
- Understand the PRINCE2 method at both Foundation & Practitioner level
- Understand the principles and benefits of a structured approach to project management
- Apply the principles of PRINCE2 to a project
- Pass the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner exams
What are these courses like?Both courses will be delivered by an approved trainer with professional experience. There will be an average of eight delegates per course, and you will be encouraged to contribute towards discussions. The course is structured but informal, and there will be short breaks in the morning and afternoon. You will normally get around 45 minutes to 1 hour for lunch. At the end of day 1 you will get self study activities to support your learning.
You don't require any project management experience to take the PFQ course. The course finishes with a 1 hour multiple choice exam that takes place at the end of day 2. You will be informed of your results by email within 10 working days.
The PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner course is an intensive 4.5 day course. Pre-course study is required and you will receive your pre-course material approximately 6 weeks prior to attending the course. The course is highly interactive and there will be evening work required. The first 3 days of the course are dedicated to the Foundation course content, with the Foundation exam taking place at the end of the third day. The fourth day is Practitioner focussed with the Practitioner 2.5 hour exam taking place on the morning of the final day.
What is included in the cost?PFQ handbook, PFQ exam fee, PRINCE2® pre-course material and Official PRINCE2 manual, PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner exam fees, refreshments and *lunch. (*Southampton only).
What exams are taken?
PFQ: 1 hour multiple-choice exam. 60 questions. Pass mark 60%. The APM will inform you of your result by post, within 4 weeks.
PRINCE2® Foundation exam: 1 hour multiple-choice, closed book exam. 70 questions. Pass mark 50%. Results provided on completion.
PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam: 2.5 hours, open book from 09:30 to 12:00 on Friday morning. There will be eight scenario based objective test questions - 10 question items per question, each worth one mark. 44 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 available) - 55%. Your papers will be forwarded to the APMG for marking, and your result will be e-mailed to you within 10 working days.
NOTE: The PRINCE2® Foundation exam must be passed prior to taking the Practitioner examination.
What is the APM?The Association for Project Management is an independent professional body with 550 corporate and 21,150 individual members in the UK and abroad. The APM’s aim is to promote and develop project management across all sectors of industry. APM Qualifications are designed with the intention of demonstrating to employers, clients and suppliers that the recipient is a skilled and committed project professional.
What is PRINCE2?PRINCE2® is a project management methodology that is recognised across the world. The methodology includes quality management, control and organisation of a project with consistency and review to align with the objectives. PRINCE2 emphasis is on dividing the project into manageable and controllable stages.
ELCAS Resettlement Funding for Project Management Qualifications
Course 1 - PFQ: Project Fundamentals Qualification
- Project Management and the Operating Environment
- Project Lifecycle
- Management Structures by which Projects Operate
- Project Management Planning
- Scope Management
- Scheduling and Resource Management
- Risk Management and Issue Management
- Quality Management
- Communications in the Project Environment
- Principles of Leadership and Teamwork
Course 2 - PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner
- PRINCE2® Principles
- Continued business
- Learn from experience
- Defined roles and responsibilities
- Manage by stages
- Manage by exception
- Focus on products
- Tailor to suit the project environment
- Processes - Starting up a project | Directing a project | Initiating a project | Controlling a stage | Managing product delivery | Managing stage boundaries | Closing a project
- Themes - Business case | Organization | Quality | Plans | Risk | Change | Progress
- PFQ: Project Fundamentals Qualification - Course details
- PRINCE2 - Course details
- Check out all ELC bundle options -
- Link to ELCAS website - Enhanced Learning Credits website
Acknowledgements: PRINCE2® is a registered trademarks of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. PRINCE2® courses are offered in association with SPOCE Project Management Ltd.