Is this course for you?
The AgilePM® foundation level course is aimed at project managers who are either adding to their knowledge of traditional approaches such as PRINCE2® or who are operating in an agile environment, and need to be able to run projects in more complex and scalable situations.
24th July 2017
18th September 2017
20th November 2017
19th June 2017
14th August 2017
16th October 2017
18th December 2017
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Gain a practical understanding of Agile Project Management based on DSDM Atern.
- Become a productive project manager in an agile environment.
- Highlight the difference between a simple lightweight agile approach which typically operate at the solution delivery or "work package" level, and the greater holistic view of how multiple work streams are co-ordinated with the appropriate level of governance and control.
- Confidently take the foundation exam.
What is the course like?
The Foundation level is covered in two days and will provide you with a good understanding of AgilePM. If you want to gain the Practitioner qualification with a deeper understanding of the method, that's covered in days 3 and 4 on the Practitioner course.
The course will be delivered by an Agile PM approved trainer with professional experience. During the course you may work in groups undertaking interactive quizzes, exercises and engaging in debate. The course combines the principles of project management theory with practical exercises and realistic case studies. You will be expected to join in and contribute to discussions. There is also a requirement for self study each evening.
What is included in the cost?Course materials including the AgilePM® Handbook v2. AgilePM Foundation exam. Lunch and refreshments (lunch not included at London venue).
What examinations are taken?AgilePM Foundation exam: 40 minutes, closed book, multiple choice format exam of 50 questions. Pass mark is 50% (25/50).
What is AgilePM®The Agile Project Management scheme aims to address the needs of those working in a project-focused environment (such as PRINCE2®) who want to be agile. The certification provides the ability to deliver Agile Projects in organizations requiring standards, rigour and visibility around Project Management, while at the same time enabling the fast pace, change and empowerment provided by Agile. It's fully scalable and provides perfect integration with PRINCE2®.
An Agile approach to project management
The AgilePM® Foundation syllabus includes the following topics:
- The Fundamentals and the Philosophy
- The Principles
- The Lifecycle and Products
- Team structures
- Roles and Responsibilities
- MoSCoW and Timeboxing
- Lifecycle Configuration
- Estimation and Measurement
- Quality and Maintainability
- Planning, Control and Risk
- Implementing Agile Project Management
Acknowledgements: AgilePM® is a registered trademark of APMG Ltd, used under permission of APMG Ltd. All rights reserved. AgilePM® courses are offered in association with SPOCE Project Management Ltd.